Monday, August 20, 2012

Hampton's on a Dime



Navy and white striped tee- Gap (via Junior League) ~$ .10
White chino shorts- J Crew (via Goodwill) ~$5
Braided brown leather belt- Vintage (from Mom)
Gold and pearl strand necklace x2- Consignment ~$6
Kelly green slip on shoes- TOMS shoes ~$54
TOTAL COST: $65.10

            When I saw this shirt on the rack at Junior League I was shocked- a perfectly good Gap tee shirt that hadn’t sold during the 50% or 75% off sales? By the time I’d finished filling my bag, my items were about ten cents a piece, perhaps less. This top is a classic- navy with skinny white stripes. I love the nautical look and knew this top would be perfect. I paired it with my J Crew white chino shorts, a brown leather belt and volia! Instant Hamptons. Having never actually been there (ahem…) This is what I imagine the classic Hamptonites look like.
            By the way- are you SO bored of me wearing these gold and pearl strand necklaces? Because I am not yet bored of wearing them! I am generally not a jewelry wearer, but there is so little risk associated with these necklaces. They aren’t family heirlooms nor were they expensive. The delicate silhouette makes them wearable with both dressy and casual pieces. I also this a bold piece, the the J Crew bubble necklace in white, would pair excellently with this look- definitely taking it to another level of dressiness.
Tell me readers, Have you ever been to the Hamptons? What do people actually look like there? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment