Thursday, August 23, 2012

Exceptions



Red, pink and orange tank- Cable & Gauge (via Junior League) ~$ .10
Pink shorts- Tommy Hilfiger outlet ~$25
White and leather belt- Vintage (from Mom)
Gold slip on- TOMS (gift, retails for $54)
TOTAL COST $25.10

            Here’s another summery piece I picked up recently and rushed to wear before fall renders these pieces worthless. When I am thrifting, no matter where, I have standards for the pieces I buy. I try to select quality pieces from brands with which I am familiar: Banana Republic, Gap, J Crew, Express, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, etc. This shirt, however, was not produced by one of these retailers. But, dear readers, there are things called “exceptions.” For example, when I get to fill a paper grocery bag with clothes for A DOLLAR and the approximate “cost” of each piece I selected is approximately TEN CENTS- I may be less picky about the brands. While I did mange to get a piece each from Gap and Lands’ End, the pattern and shape of this top urged me to purchase despite lacking label.
Tell me readers, Do you ever ignore your fashion rules and why? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment