Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Long & The Short of It



Star print wrap dress- Episode (via Goodwill) ~$5
Gold beaded necklace- Old Navy ~$5
Gold pointy toed heels- Nine West (via Bon-Ton) ~$20
TOTAL COST: Approx. $30

            This is an all silk dress I thrifted recently. Buying an item for me generally means that I find it to be versatile. However, this dress is not. It’s not seasonally diverse. And as a single piece (rather than separates) its overall look can’t be changed too greatly. The pattern and style (a wrap) grabbed me but the strange combination of short hem and long sleeves as well as the “Dry Clean Only” label really made apprehensive. However the mental image of me wearing this dress strolling along Hampton’s beaches in the evening possibly wearing this necklace…

convinced me to buy it. Honestly, for $5, I bought the fantasy.
            I’m going to try and restyle this dress in the winter with black, opaque tights- Interested to see how it goes…
            Tell me readers, How would you restyle this look for other seasons? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment