Tuesday, July 17, 2012

No Bras Shall Be Worn


Tropical bird print romper- Department store (sorry, don’t remember) ~$20
Straw cloche- Disneyland ~$25
Orange cummerbund- borrowed from another dress
Silver gladiator sandals- TJ Maxx ~$5
TOTAL COST: Approx. $50

             My apologies, followers, no thrifted items in this outfit. I loved this look too much to leave it out from my blogging. This romper was purchased during my “romper phase” (about 3 summers ago). I loved the print (and the pockets!) so much that I bought it despite its backlessness (see other photo).
A backless romper or dress presents a problem- do I wear a bra? No. Error, error, mayday. NO BRAS SHALL BE WORN. If you’re a busty gal, or just not comfortable going braless, just ignore this daring trend.
Even though I had purchased this piece, I ignored it for the first year almost entirely. It’s taken me time to realize that bold style choices do not have to ruin my life or stop me from changing my later fashion choices. I won’t lie, I do a lot of checking when I wear a piece like this. Am I covered? Am I comfortable? It can be a challenge. But I’m not going to get any younger, and therefore, any more appropriately aged to wear a piece like this. While some pieces, like cardigans and pencil skirts can follow me for years, this romper’s life in my closet is limited and it should be worn now. The outfit served me well for an evening concert in the park- lightweight to combat the heat and the casual setting made the revealing nature of the dress perfectly acceptable.
Tell me readers, Would you ever wear a daring backless romper or dress? Inbox or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment