Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Monochromatic


Dark fuchsia & cream printed tie neck top- Target (borrowed from Mom)
Dark fuchsia ¾ sleeve cardigan- Target ~$20
Light pink shorts- Tommy Hilfiger Outlet ~$20
Brown leather braided belt- Vintage (from Mom)
Tan sandals- Target ~$20
TOTAL COST: Approx. $60
         While nothing in this outfit is thrifted, I was still economical. The top is my mother’s. The belt was my mother’s (I’ve subsumed it). The cardigan was originally my mother’s, but she gave it to me (So nice). The outfit is quasi-monochromatic in tones of pink. I think the differing values of color helped make this outfit highly wearable. The light pink of the shorts is nearly a neutral- there are so few colors I would rule out when wearing these shorts. Speaking of these shorts, I purchased them years ago (again, didn’t wear them until recently), though I doubt that companies like Tommy Hilfiger, J Crew, or Gap have stopped producing such basics since I purchased these. They are the most conservative shorts I own, in terms of length. And look at my lanky arms- fingertips below the hem. Tisk tisk. My junior high principal is disappointed. For my age, build and environment (going to my grad classes) this outfit is very appropriate. This is also what I think of when professional stylists like Stacey and Clinton mention the new “uniform” for running errands, and attempt to use it to replace the standard t-shirt and jeans or sweats. It is definitely comfortable and easy to throw on, as jeans and sweats are.  
Tell me readers, Do you rock the monochromatic look? What colors do you like to use? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment