Thursday, July 26, 2012

Remix and Repeat



White Polo- Ralph Lauren (via Marshall’s) ~$20
Multicolored floral Capri- Jones New York Signature (via Goodwill) ~$5
Baby blue skinny belt- Goodwill (no label) ~$1
Rose suede loafers- Talbots (via Goodwill) ~$5
TOTAL COST: Approx. $31

            I have been searching and searching for the perfect pair of floral patterned Capri or crop pants as they are on my wish list. Goodwill and Salvation Army seemed like pretty hopeless options because new trends take a while to make it to thrift stores. However, my mother found this pair in our local Goodwill and I love them. The colors are lovely and vibrant. I’m also so pleased with how many different styling options these Capris give me! I did a quick once-over of my closet and found 6 additional pairings!  I chose to keep the accessories as consistent as possible (although I could have had a blast with different shoes, belts, and accessories) so that the focus is on the Capris and the different top colors and shapes I utilized.
(L-R top, then bottom) 
(Click to enlarge)

This orange (the color didn’t really photograph accurately) v-neck tee as well as the yellow tank top are both casual ways to wear these capris. I also wanted to find a print-on-print option. Print mixing is a true art. I thought that a wide striped top would be an excellent compliment to the random floral of the capris. Using colors found in the capris, I selected this coral and white, and this chartreuse and white tee. I am pleased with the pairing! I’m not sure that any other print, besides a stripe, will work though. Any ideas, readers? I finished up with a popular selection this year- the chambray top. Mine has ruffles (YAY) and a rolled sleeve. I think it the chambray was a bit lighter in color, it would be even more successful. Finally, I did an untucked look (GASP!) with this lilac button up. Even though purple is not in these capris, the tone of this top goes with the tone of the floral.
            Tell me readers, Which pairing is your favorite and what other ideas do you have? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment