Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don't You Step on My Pink Suede Shoes



Floral dress- Derek Heart (via Goodwill bargain bin) ~ $0.75
White and blue paisley cardigan- Old Navy (via Goodwill) ~$3.50
Dark pink suede loafers- Talbots (via Goodwill) ~$6
TOTAL COST: Approx. $ 10.25

            I rarely create an outfit in which I have thrifted every piece- namely because I only own 3 or 4 pairs of shoes from Goodwill- but here I have managed to do it. Of course I went for a print on print pairing, it has become my new mission to learn the art of print mixing. I would say this effort is pretty good, maybe a 6 or 7. The true gems of this outfit are the shoes. These little babies are suede, in excellent condition and made by Talbots. My desire to identify my virtual savings led me to the Tablots web page to look for a suitable comparison item. What I found were $105 suede ballet flats. Well can’t you just image my surprise and glee (and slight horror) at that piece of information! Virtual savings of almost $100 on a single item! It’s one of my best thrifts to date.
            Tell me readers, Would you spend $100 on suede loafers? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment