Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Challenge Accepted!


Ditsy floral tiered dress- Express outlet ~$20
Peacock and blue feather earrings- Forever 21 ~$6
Baby blue vintage skinny belt- no tag (via Goodwill) ~$ .97
Brown sandal- Target ~$20
TOTAL COST: Approx. $46.97

            Recently in the Northeast, we had a horrific heat wave. Beating the heat in a fashionable way can be a challenge, but as Barney Stinson often says: Challenge Accepted! I’ve had this dress for a few years and rarely wear it. The dress is tiered and without a belt, I end up looking slightly like a Christmas tree because I’m pear shaped. My new-to-me baby blue skinny belt was the perfect choice for a pop of color, which breaks up the busy pattern, and gave the silhouette a better shape. What may not be obvious in the photo is that the fabric used is actually a stretchy-mesh, which is highly breathable, making it perfect for hot weather. I wore this dress out to dinner, so I added my feather earrings. I’m not sure if this trend is “over” but I’m not ready to let it go.
Tell me readers, How do you stay cool and fashionable when the weather gets hot? Inbox or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment