Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Junior League Line Up


 

            Today, my mom and I took our first trip to our city’s Junior League. The Junior League mission statement is as follows: The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. (http://www.ajli.org/)

            It functions as a second hand store. Community members can sell their items for a few dollars and the Junior League resells them at a reasonable price. I wasn’t sure what the pricing would be like compared to other charitable organizations like Goodwill, but I thought it was quite reasonable. I managed to snag 3 items for 13 dollars.

            When I spotted this polka dot dress (David Warren: New York) on the rack, I hoped it would be a great silhouette and my size- It was both. It’s classic and fun- words that perfectly describe my style. The teal v-neck is a Banana Republic top which could be dressed up or worn casually. It’s a great addition to my “work wear” tops collection. Finally, this 100% silk sweater by Ann Taylor is so much more special than this photo would suggest. It fits perfectly and the color looks great with everything. Can’t wait to wear it as a layer piece.

            I would definitely go back. There was a really nice representation of quality brands: Talbots, Ann Taylor, LOFT, Banana Republic, J Crew, etc. Everything I looked at was under $10. Some items were cheaper than they would have been at GW and some were more expensive, so for me, I would say it just about balances out. They are having a giant end of the season sale in the middle of August (Fill a bag for $1!) so I’ll be sure to check that out.

Tell me readers, Do you think the polka dot trend is here to stay? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment