Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Polka Dots


Navy top with orange polka dots- TJ Maxx ~$15
Grey silk skirt- Banana Republic (via Salvation Army) ~$3
Metallic pointy toed kitten heel- Nine West (via Bon Ton) ~$20
Silver necklace- Flea Market ~$1
TOTAL COST: Approx. $39 
Oh polka dots, why must you be so fun and whimsical?! I snagged this top at TJ’s about a week ago and have been dying to wear it. Dinner out with a friend seemed like a prime time to test it out. I knew I wanted to wear a skirt, but what color? I’m still building my professional wardrobe, so skirts that coordinated and matched the level of sophistication I was going for were slim pickings. Personally, I don’t enjoy black and navy together (yes, I do recognize they are both neutrals and therefore can be worn with anything) so my black pencil skirt was out. I do have a cream colored one which would go nicely with navy but it has gold accents. Orange and gold is not a combo I enjoy either.
This situation led to creative problem solving.
Mom and I started an online retail shop (currently on Etsy, looking to try out Ebay also) and we had this skirt in our hold (see also: Guest room closet). I think I may keep it. A silk BR skirt for $3?! Crazy talk! It was half off day at the Salvation Army when we went, so were extra lucky scoring this gem. I really like navy and grey together so here’s what I ended up with. Simple accessories that add an accent color heightens the sophistication.  
Tell me readers, Are you on the polka dot bandwagon? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment