Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Polo Dress


Kelly green dress- Ralph Lauren (via Goodwill) ~$7
Gold pyramid earrings- Forever 21 (multipack) ~$5
Brown skinny braided belt- H&M ~$4
Navy & green striped flip flops- Lands End ~$10 
TOTAL COST: $26
            There is something about Kelly green that draws me in like a moth to a flame. I loved it as a brunette but I love it even more as a pseudo-red head. One of my favorite preppy color trios is Kelly green, brown, and navy blue (with gold accents, of course!). Of course all women should develop their own personal style, but I do believe in basics. Professional style tends to include some staple pieces, and for me, one of those pieces is a polo dress. I normally wouldn’t belt this dress, but I am trying new things. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found a great pin on Pinterest (check me out! http://pinterest.com/ladypsychology/)which shows 12 different ways to knot a belt. I tested out a few myself! The top one is my favorite but with the braiding, it’s hard to see exactly how I wrapped it. I think with a simple skinny belt, this knot will be much more crisp.
            These earrings are my favorite gold posts. They are simple but a little more ‘fun’ than the standard (read: BORING) post earrings. I also have a pair in silver (H&M). 
Tell me readers, Are you feeling Kelly green? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment