Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heapin' Haul



On my last trip to Goodwill, I had an excellent haul for the menial cost of $27. Did I mention I bought 6 pieces of clothing and two belts? WOWIE! One dress, a grey private school style romper, is not pictured (it’s getting dry cleaned). I’m always so impressed with what I can get for the regular price of ONE new item. As I mentioned before, I am building my belt collection and these two are great additions. The baby blue one is a vintage piece I snagged for 97 cents! I’ve already worn it a handful of times, it’s so versatile! The emerald green faux-suede belt was a new with tags Target belt. Original price? $12.90. Goodwill price? $1.00. Virtual savings of $11.90. HOLLER!
My favorite clothing piece I snagged is definitely this red iris print vintage maxi-skirt. It’s a print that isn’t a pattern, which I find interesting. The black and white print short sleeve secretary blouse is also vintage (tag reads: Ship N Shore). The silk star-print wrap dress is not very versatile seasonally speaking as it has long sleeves but a shorter hem, but I look forward to the perfect opportunity to wear it. Maybe a date?
The lilac button-up is a perfect condition Eddie Bauer. The pink button up collared dress is sadly, a post purchase regret. It looks lovely standing up (I have one outfit post in this dress) but sitting down, it’s a bit too tight and the buttons gape a bit, making it inappropriate to wear out. Luckily I have a more petite friend (My designer friend, Monica- check out her site here http://monicatulay.foliohd.com/) who I’m passing it along to. I have been told that you can make returns to GW but I’m not sure that I would. I either donate it (again) or find a better-suited friend.
Can’t wait to find ways to incorporate these items with my existing closet!
Tell me readers, Ever had a particularly good haul? Tell me about it! Inbox or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment