Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So Bad It's Good


Black scoop neck t-shirt- Old Navy ~$7
Red iris maxi skirt- No tag (via Goodwill) ~$5
Vintage gold pendant necklace- Flea market ~$5
Silver gladiator sandals- Bongo (via TJ Maxx) ~$5
TOTAL COST: Approx. $22

            Dear beautiful vintage skirt- Why are you tagless? I can’t research you and find other pieces who look like you. I can’t locate the shift dress version of you on Etsy. Le sigh. These, dear readers, are the pieces I shop thrift FOR. The rare, the one of a kind, the “it’s so old, it’s new.” These also happen to be love-it-or-hate-it type pieces, or the ever popular, “it’s so bad, it’s good.”
When I saw this skirt, I hoped it would fit and I got lucky. It’s polyester, which means three things: it’s machine washable (awesome), it doesn’t wrinkle (a plus), and it’s not a natural, or breathable fabric (i.e. bad in the heat). I’m not really sure what season it’s meant for, so I intend to pretty much wear it year round. The negative aspect associated with such a piece are factors such as versatility— What else can I wear it with? Additionally, I can’t wear this piece more than once a month (if that) because of its bold appearance. It’s a statement piece. I have a number of pieces like this (also including an abstract spotted leopard pair of skinny pants and a baby blue, cherry blossom and bird printed vintage dress). As an outgoing girl, especially in fashion, these are pieces I’m drawn to naturally. However, one needs balance in her wardrobe and that need for balance leads to the purchase of basics. Basics like this scoop neck black t-shirt. I think they pair well together. The neutral top leaves all the attention of the beautiful print on the skirt.            
Tell me readers, Is this skirt “so bad it’s good” or a unique snag? Inbox or email me your opinion at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment