Monday, October 22, 2012

LOUD Prints



Blue floral dress- Vintage (no tag) (Goodwill) ~$4
Pink leggings- Given to me
Grey knee highs- OU (gift)
Cognac boot- Rack Room Shoes ~$20 (on sale)
Pink rose earrings- Forever 21 ~$6 (for a pack of 3)
Silver necklace- Vintage (Flea Market) ~$1
TOTAL COST: $31

            This dress is another one of those “so bad it’s good” pieces. When I saw it at GW, I hoped it would fit and I got lucky. I think it might actually be home sewn, so I’m not sure how old it is. The print is Asian inspired, with geishas and cherry blossoms. While  I love dresses with long sleeves and a shorter hemline- I often wonder how to style them… Since the fall weather has (mostly) taken over here in the North, I’ll be wearing this style of dresses with tights and leggings.
            The print is so loud and so memorable that this dress is a piece I wear sparingly. It’s always bittersweet when I acquire pieces this like. I love loud pieces, stand out pieces. Of course I know that I impose these “fashion rules” upon myself, but quite frankly, I have so many other pieces I love to wear that wearing this dress on repeat isn’t smart regardless of print.
Tell me readers, What are your loudest pieces and how long to you wait between wears? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

1 comment:

  1. nice find here..i mean you all got that for $31?cool..the only thing i got that didn't cost me a lot is my lace shorts

    ReplyDelete