Monday, October 1, 2012

Thrifty Threads: A Junior League Shopping Review

-->

Here’s my shopping recap from my last trip to the Junior League.
(Starting top L, moving clockwise)
1. This super soft sweater is vintage and bears in insignia ODCC. There is a place, locally, called the Outdoor Country Club and I’m wondering if this wasn’t an old uniform or available for purchase in the past. I wouldn’t have been drawn to it if it weren’t on the 4 items for $1 rack. Oops?
2. Recently, I added a new item to my fashion wish list- a collarless jacket. I stumbled across this one in the cardigan section and loved it. It looks horrific on the hanger- so please trust that this piece is a good one. I’ll definitely wear it open with jeans most of the time, but am open to alternative stylings. It’s vintage AND machine washable.
3. This new rugby top has a secret- it is actually a children’s top. I never thought I would fit into children’s clothes, but apparently boys XL is the exception. I did buy a Rugby top earlier this season (Ralph Lauren, grey with maroon stripes) but still wanted one with wide stripes. I also secretly hoped I could find one in red and navy, so -how lucky am I?
There you have it, readers, my shopping trip all summed up! Keep your eyes open for how I work these new pieces into my wardrobe.
Tell me about your recent purchases! Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment