Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Black & White



Printed short sleeve tie blouse- Ship N’ Shore (via Goodwill) ~$3.50
Black pencil skirt- Target ~$20
Pearl necklace- gift
White skinny belt- no tag (via Goodwill) ~$2
Black gladiator sandal- Ruff Hewn ~$13 (on sale)
TOTAL COST: $38.50

            A warm day amidst some chilly ones! I used this brief weather reprieve to wear this blouse that I thrifted a while ago. Wearing black in the summer is something I shy away from because it doesn’t seem seasonally appropriate, so when I bought this blouse, I had to put it away for a while. Fall seemed to be a great time to pull it out and this day really allowed the blouse to be on full display (i.e. no cardigan needed). I stayed with the black and white theme when selecting the rest of the outfit. Looking back, the belt was a misstep- there are no belt loops on the skirt, so it was moving all over- annoying.
            I think this may be the final wearing of my new favorite sandals of all time- but don’t worry, just for the fall and winter seasons. Packing up and swapping out my out of season clothes has been a semi annual tradition for YEARS. I love taking out the bins and rediscovering all those pieces. I also get to put away my summery stuff. It’s refreshing- but I am going to miss those sandals for the next 6 months (or so).
Tell me readers, What items are you sort of sad to put away for fall and winter? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment