Friday, September 21, 2012

Skinny & Spotted



Green polka dot sweater- Old Navy ~$25
White sleeveless button up- Ann Taylor (via Salvation Army) ~$3
Dark wash skinny jeans- Papaya (via Consignment) ~$4.50
Faux tortoise link necklace- JEWELIQ (gift)
Red loafers- Talbots (via Goodwill) ~$6
TOTAL COST: $38.50

            Dark denim skinnies, loafers, and a polka dot sweater- this is one of my favorite outfits yet. This Old Navy sweater is an EXCELLENT piece, if you don’t own one yet, seriously check into it! I loved it so much after just a few wears that I went back and bought a second one in white with black polka dots. I could seriously sing it’s praises for 6 more paragraphs, but I’ll spare you. Just go to ON and try it on.
            You know how with some trends, you think they’re terrible and you can’t wait for them to end or you liked it at the start, but you tire of it? I hope I NEVER feel that way about skinny jeans. Skinny jeans salvaged my relationship with denim! I barely wore jeans in HS. Just around my senior year, skinny jeans began their popularity reign. I hopped on board and never looked back. I dress them up or down and wear them with every color and print imaginable. Thrifting for jeans is tedious but no more than it is at a regular retail store. In fact, remember that thrifted jeans have already been washed and worn, making the fit when you try them on the fit you are going to have once you take them home and wash them. No shrinking. It also gives you exposure to a very wide array of brands. I’ve never heard of Papaya but it turns out the brand suits my body type and I’d never have found it had it not been for thrifting! Okay, end preach.
Tell me readers, What trend do you LOVE? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment