Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Glitzy Gala



Black dress with gold sequins- Department store (BonTon or Boscovs) ~$20 (on sale)
Black lace shrug- Express ~$20 (on sale, OLD)
Gold pointy toe heels- Nine West (via BonTon) ~$20
TOTAL COST: $60

            Recently, I was invited to attend a gala at The Googleworks in Reading, PA. The Goggleworks is a museum but also serves as a site for artists to rent studio space and to teach a variety of classes. A dear friend of mine, James Maria, was recently honored by being accepted as an artist in residence at the Googleworks. Each year since it’s opening, the Goggleworks hosts a Black Tie Optional Gala. This year, Jimmy invited me and we had an absolute blast. This is what I wore. I wanted to be fun, because it’s an artistic event, but still classic.  For such a posh event, I managed a relatively inexpensive outfit! I rubbed elbows with some of the biggest names in Berks County who have donated funds to many local institutions, including a college I attended. It was fabulous. I am going to post some of the pictures from the evening, enjoy!

Thriftfully Yours,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment