Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Nautical Dress





            Full Disclosure: This outfit is not that exciting, but I did wear it on a recent, exciting day (more on that later). I picked this dress up from Junior League (see that full post HERE) not too long ago and I was itching to wear it. The nautical motif is one I much prefer and find more appropriate in the summer, but I was determined to make it work for winter.

            Enter: Tights. It’s really a perfect answer for using any seasonally inappropriate piece during the winter (also, turtlenecks). This navy blue pair from Merona is slightly ribbed and super soft. I went traditional on the accessories (gold skinny belt to define the waist, and a pearl necklace) but added an unexpected twist with my mustard smoking loafer. (See how I wore this shoe another way HERE)

             So my exciting day entailed ice skating, lunch at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, tubing and dinner at the skii resort. This is what I wore to dinner. 




Thriftfully Yours,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment