Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double Plaid






            Mixing prints has seriously become a fascination of mine, but I wasn’t sure how to handle plaids. I did dot on dot pretty successfully (if I do say so myself) HERE. The idea of putting the plaid button up under my favorite LBD came in a sudden, and random, burst of inspiration, but adding the plaid shoe was an after thought.

            The plaids are different colors, but similar scales. This way, there is enough connection and continuity between the patterns but difference too, in the color, so they don’t look too “matchy.” My LBD and sweater tights, both black, served as a blank, neutral canvas on which I could highlight the plaids.

            I thrifted this Ann Taylor LOFT dress ages ago and have really come to appreciate it more with time. The plaid helps keep the outfit somewhat more casual. See how I styled this dress totally differently HERE.

Thriftfully Yours,
B


No comments:

Post a Comment