Monday, January 7, 2013

Thrifty Threads: A Goodwill Shopping Review

Hello Readers!

Enjoy my latest GW trip haul: 5 pieces for $22


Designer Originals Pink ¾ Sleeve Sweater $ 4


I’ve long admired those vintage sweaters that zip up in the back. Something about it screams Betty Draper to me. The color is a beautiful bright pink. It’s a solid, which means I can wear it with any of my printed bottoms (I’m already planning something!) and it is versatile.

Liz Claiborne Blue, White and Pink Plaid Button Up $ 4.50


Yep, another plaid button up. I may or may not be done hunting for them, but I did remove them from my hunt list. This one has a bunch of great details—

cute logo embroidery at the cuff and the buttons are high quality. I love the pink accent in the plaid, which is much easier to see in the close ups.

Lands’ End Hunter Green Turtleneck $3.50


This has been the year that really converted me to become a turtleneck wearer. I wear them under everything to help keep me warm. This is my third one (the other two are black and purple) and was an item on my hunt list. I’m still looking for a black and white striped one (a la the one J Crew did this year).

Worthington Tan Dress Pants $ 4


I’ve got plenty of dark colored dress pants, but needed some more light colored ones. These fit well and the color is perfect—not quite khaki, not quite brown.

Old Navy Chambray Dress (NWT) $ 6


This was definitely my favorite find of the day. The dress was one I looked at this summer at Old Navy and even visited. It never made it to “deep clearance” and I knew I wouldn’t wear it enough for the price. Lucky for me, it turned up, new with tags, at the GW. Original price, by the way-- $35. I snagged this baby for $6. I cannot wait to wear this! Although it’s more of a warm weather garment, I am determined to style it for winter!

Thriftfully Yours, 
B

1 comment:

  1. More great finds! I especially love the chambray dress!

    Keep the clothing blogs coming, I think they're great!

    Lisa
    a.k.a The Goodwill Gal :)

    ReplyDelete