Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Grandpa Sweater






            I love being cozy and warm in the wintertime. To accomplish this, I wear a lot of sweaters. I’ve worn a shawl collared sweater (HERE and HERE) and cable knits (HERE AND HERE) on the blog before. This style of sweater, which I call the grandpa sweater, is yet another stylish and warm option for warm wear.

            The key aspect of the grandpa sweater is that it be oversized—after all, the idea to make it look like it previously belonged to a man. This sweater, which I recently thrifted, is a vintage men’s sweater with an embroidered “Arizona Biltmore” logo.

            The trick to wearing this style and other sweater styles is balance. Because the sweater is oversized, it is important to keep the rest of the silhouette slim. To accomplish this, I paired my sweater with skinny black pants and a turtleneck. For a little color, I accessorized with my purple floppy hat and a red lip.

Get thrifting and look for your own grandpa sweater!

Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment