Saturday, December 1, 2012

Recreation Recipe I

-->
Reading fashion blogs has become a daily routine for me. Frequently, I use my Pinterest (Check it out HERE) account to save my favorite looks. These become inspirational on days when I simply cannot decide what to wear. 
            This weekend, I will combine three things I love: Fashion, Shopping, and Baking. Baking? Why yes, readers, I am going to recreate a favorite fashion blog outfit using a fashion recipe, thus "Recreation Recipe." Of course, following my own style and shopping mantra, we will keep it thrifty!
            Today’s inspiration photo is from Northern Style Exposure. I am currently obsessed with finding ways to pair super dressy pieces (like a tulle skirt) with a more casual top (like a tee shirt). NSE did this perfectly, using plaid and sequins. 

Here are the ingredients to this fabulous look:
-1 Plaid Top
-1 Sequin Skirt
Now add spices:
-Cat Eye Sunglasses
-A Wide Belt
-Leopard Shoes

I shopped the internet for these key outfit ingredients, and here is some of what I found…
Plaid Top
Forever21 ($19.80)
 
Old Navy ($24.00)
 Sequin Skirt
Both from Lauren Conrad for Kohls ($32.00)
 Cat Eye Sunglasses
Xhilaration for Target ($12.99)
Wide Belt
Apt. 9 at Kohls ($18.00)

Merona for Target ($17.00)

Leopard Shoes
Mossimo for Target ($12.00)

Merona for Target ($25.00)

Mossimo for Target ($14.00)
There you have it, readers!  Recreation Recipe for out Northern Style Exposure inspiration photo for just around $100!
Thanks for tuning in for my new weekend post.
Thriftfully Yours,
B

1 comment: