Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Wishes: Part II


Hello Readers! Weekend Wishes is back with our second installment of all the staple pieces I am searching for this year for fall and winter. Last week I included gingham oxfords, scarf print blouses, plaid shirts, RL Oxfords and the school boy blazer- Check out the full post HERE.

This week, I will cover bottoms and outerwear. Off we go!
1. The Leather (or Leatherette) Skirt
I showed this photo from NY & Co a few weekends ago on weekend watch. In fashion, I love playing with textures and opposites (hard/soft, dressy/casual, etc) and I think the edition of a leather pencil skirt would be perfect for that. 

2. Patterned Pants
Not sure how much wear I’ll get out of this type of piece- but it’s hard to resist a trend this fun! I bought a pair of snow leopard printed jeans a few years ago and love them to bits. They definitely need rest between wears- it’s probably time to integrate a new pattern… Polka dots? Camo? 
 
3. The Skinny Trouser
Here is a trend I cannot wait to hop all over. I love skinny jeans and leggings (don’t hate) so I can’t wait to bring this trend into work wear. Both of these examples are from the Gap. Because trends like this don’t tend to hit thrift stores for a while this may be a piece I need to buy new. 
4. The Quilted Vest
Someone put together this fun graphic of J Crew vests and I loved it. The quilted vest is perfect for fall and winter. My ideal vest is a “fun” color and not too bulky, so it could be worn indoors without too much discomfort. Sort of on the fence between a zipper or snaps…

5. The Puffer Jacket
This (awful) trend refuses to die. I really am not a fan of puffer jackets. I bought one in JUNIOR HIGH (because they were trendy) that I still wear for playing in the snow… I mean shoveling snow. It’s really bulky and an offensive light blue color. This replacement from American Eagle is considerably more fashionable. I’ve had great success buying coats from them at the mid to end of the season on clearance. Here’s hoping!

6. The Text Sweatshirt
I believe the first time I saw this style in the fashion realm was on my favorite up-scale fashion blogs, Atlantic-Pacific. Blair was rocking the “Crème de la Crème” sweatshirt and I was totally swept up in the trend. Since then, I’ve seen many more text-centric prints on sweatshirts. I asked for the Pardon my French one pictured (by Forever21) for Christmas- fingers crossed. 

There you have it! The 11 key items I’m searching for for fall and winter.
Tell me readers, What are you hunting for? Comment or email me at BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com or tweet me at BsGoodwillHunt
Thriftfully Yours,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment