Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thrifty Threads: A Salvation Army Shopping Review


            I never tire of going for a hunt at Salvation Army on a 50% off Wednesday! I have snapped up so many treasures for amazing prices and this week was not any different! I snagged 7 treasures, mostly basics, that I can’t wait to integrate into my wardrobe!
1. Button Ups
Tommy Hilfiger White Button Up ($3)
For such a staple piece, white button up shirts are hard to find thrifting. This one is in perfect condition- either barely worn or perfectly cared for. It’s perfect for layering under sweaters for winter and I’ll wear it solo for spring.
Lands’ End Purple Gingham Button Up ($5)
With a little tailoring, this shirt is going to be a wonderful addition to my closet. I recently found another gingham shirt (blue and white) at a church rummage sale for TWENTY CENTS and now I’m hooked on this print. 
2. Long Sleeve Tops
J Crew Black Long Sleeve Top ($2)
I don’t wear black too often, but it is a requirement of my restaurant side-job. This long sleeve top has great detailing. It’s hard t see in this photo, but it has some tuxedo tucking details around the neckline. For $2, it’s hard to pass up any piece by J Crew.
Mossimo Green Sweater Turtleneck ($2)
I’m a recent convert to the turtleneck and this cozy sweater version is perfect for the chilly temps we’re experiencing in the Northeast. I think it has great versatility- I wore it with a skirt for Thanksgiving and I plan on pairing it with jeans for a more casual look. 
3. Stripes
Banana Republic Navy and White Striped ¾ Sleeve Top ($5)
I have versions of this top in short and long sleeved versions. What can I say? Can’t go wrong with navy and white stripes!
Liz Claiborne Cream and Gold Striped ¾ Sleeve Top ($2.50)
More stripes. I loved the shiny, metallic stripes on this top. It looks a little boxy in this photo, but the fit is nice.

 
4. Floral Shift
Talbots Floral Shift Dress ($2.50)
Someone must have been delirious while tagging this dress- $5 for a Talbots dress? SalVal seems to have some awareness of brand prestige, especially with dresses and prices according. So even by thrift store pricing standards, the price is ridiculously cheap. I certainly don’t need another dress for spring and summer but this one is a bit different than the ones I presently have. The neckline is pretty conservative as is the hemline. It also screams Classy Girls Wear Pearls (a favorite blog of mine). 

Hope you enjoyed this weeks finds! Have ideas about interesting ways to style these pieces? Contact me! Comment, email me (BsGoodwillHunting@gmail.com) or tweet me at (BsGoodwillHunt)
Thriftfully Yours, 
B



No comments:

Post a Comment